Passionate Soul

I'd give it all, I'd give for us, Give anything but I won't give up

Friday, December 16, 2005

A five year crush??




Hey bloggers, it's been a while since I've posted something, but don't worry, I'm still reading.

Anyhoo..I've had a crazy hectic week, and I wanted to post about this certain situation that happened to me last Saturday, but I didn't find the time, until now.

I have a good relationship with my co-workers, men and women, I get along with everybody, say "Hi" to everyone, I'm one of those "fresh" people in the morning, cuz I'm a morning person.

One of those co-workers, is of course a guy, which me and him are soooooooooooooooooooo brother and sister (at least thats what I thought), I've know him since I was a training student, cuz he's older, and we've been working for 3 years, so I've know him a total of 5 years.

We gotten closer through the years (but as brother and sister), I mean we would have our coffee breaks sometimes together, and he feels sooooooooo comfortable with me that he tells me everything, like all his family problems, and how much his mother is sick, and how he's struggling through failed relationships (he doesn't say names or details), of course I talked with him, but I never discussed my private issues, although he's been in the states for almost 12 years and he's very much open-minded, but still, I could never say "everything", and besides, he's just my co-worker.
And through all these years, he never had lust in his eyes (unlike alot of other co-workers), he respected me alot and that what made alot of male co-workers jealous of him, cuz i spent some of my free time with him and my female co-workers.
And for the past year or so, he had started to ask me about my personal life, like for instance: "Don't you wanna get married? Has somebody asked your hand in marriage?" And I would reply laughing: "No not yet" And he would always say stuff like: "Your gorgeous, are MEN BLIND?? Yala it's ok, inshallah Allah yirzegich." (may God send you a man of your own).
I have never had doubts about his questions, cuz they way he asked me and his tone of voice was sooooooooooooo friendly and caring, he never sounded like he was implying anything, cuz I would've known, and it would show.

Then he started adding another question to the rest of the questions, like: "So, no boyfriend?? LOOOOOOOOOL"
And I would laugh too cuz WALLAH I thought he was joking, cuz he would stop after we laugh and he wouldn't comment on it and we start talking about other stuff......till this Saturday......I was sooooo busy doing my paperwork, when he approached me:

Him: "Hiiiiiiiiii, 3a6eenah waiyh" (give us face=why are ignoring me? Or something like that)

Me: "Oh sorry, but as you can see I'm sooooo busy."

Him: "So how's life?"

(I still haven't looked at him cuz I was still busy writing)
Me: "Fine."

Him: "No marriage proposals? No boyfriend? LOOOOOOOOL"

Me: "Hee hee hee, noooooooooo not yet!"

Him: "Looks like we're gonna end up marrying each other."

Me: "LOOOOOOOOOOOOL YEAH!! Probably! Imagine that? LOOOOOOOOOOL, But if so, I'd
be honoured, your a good man." (I have still not looked at him)

Him: "No I'm serious, I like you, and I would
like to take you out 2 a movie and dinner, if you don't mind." (and this particular sentence
was said in English)

Me: "Huh?"

And the pen just fell from my hand, and I looked straight at him, and for the first time, he had that look, that "I'm crazy about you" look. I was speechless, and he told me that he had feelings for me since forever, but he didn't have the guts to tell me cuz he thinks that he isn't my type!!!
Well kinda yeah, cuz he's a co-worker?? HELLO?? I don't mix business with pleasure, although there are cuties, but NO!!! And ALWAYS the one's who got the guts and approach me are either married, or not my type SHEESH!!
And this guy, is like a brother to me, so sorry I can't. So I just stood there with my jaws glued to the floor, and he left me saying: " I'll give you time 2 think about it."
And since that day, my "Hello's" turned to just nodding and raising the eyebrows. I can't talk to him anymore like I used to, he was the only one I felt comfortable with, now he's one of those guys, he's probably now picturing me naked or something.

But the question is, why did he ask me out? From where did he get the impression that I simply can go out in public?? And why did he ask me out when we have just finished talking about marriage? Doesn't he know that if he wants me to take him seriously that he should ask to talk to my father? Does he have to take me out to ask me this?? Or he wants something else?? I'm not stupid to date a guy from work. Or just becuz I laugh and speak good English, I can easily go out? Cuz I know alot have had that impression about me, even female co-workers tell me that it's not good in Kuwait to be too smiley!!! WTF??!! Whatever!!

Anyhoo, I haven't replied to him, but if he asks again, I'm gonna say: "Sorry, ur like a brother to me."



Sorry for the long post guys....
Take care....

GOD I LOVE THE SONG عيناك "Your Eyes" by Khaled Al.Shaik....I used to listen to it alot when I first discovered it in 1999, and I've been listening to it again for the past month....it's so sexy and romantic.... "SIGH" I get so teary especially during the oud part.

I bet Bo Ghazi knows this one!!


41 Comments:

Blogger Nooni said...

aaah women !! why did you told him as a brother@!!!! just tell him i dont date as'hal !!!! mo etsakreenha ebwayeh il rayal mara wa7da
im sure you broke his heart!

poor men they always fall for the women who would shutt them down..7aram 3aleech

December 16, 2005 7:41 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOL
no judy honey i havent told him that yet, i said if he opened the subject again
but i didnt understand:"date as'hal"
what did u mean?

and u are true, it even happens 4 women

December 16, 2005 7:49 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

but i dont have any feelings for him, but if he's serious and wants marriage, then i will think about it, but i will not go out with him.

December 16, 2005 7:51 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

oh now you will not go out with him ...after making him feel great and intrested in you !

girl give the guy his chance ...dont go out he is meeting you at work which can help him determine his head (oh kuwaiti women) but give him his chance. hes all over you..maskeen

December 16, 2005 8:39 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

u think he's all over me? hmmm
i dont know, i'll see, but i will not go out...

but i dont have feelings for him..its so difficult 4 me 2 picture him being my husband, there's no chemistry, only friendship chemistry....u know?

December 16, 2005 8:51 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

I do not believe this story, it has too many spices.

December 16, 2005 10:30 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

what do u mean spices purg?
i swear its the truth, the whole truth wallah, so if u dont believe anything i say then just simply dont read my posts, so i wont frustrate u ;)

December 16, 2005 11:30 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

I did not say you frustrate me.

December 17, 2005 12:00 AM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

purg:
thank god :*

so what do u mean by spices?

December 17, 2005 12:05 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

making it sound better than it was.

December 17, 2005 12:06 AM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

oh come on...i swear its the truth, i think the story is so 3ady, nothing that spicey about it, u should hear one of my other stories heeheeheeheehee

its exactly whats written and exactly what happened, the conversation...

and for the last time WALLAH!!!!

December 17, 2005 12:12 AM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

OK.

December 17, 2005 12:16 AM  
Blogger Nooni said...

date the guy etzawejay khal nargi9 eb3ersich

December 17, 2005 12:22 AM  
Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Puppy: You know that saying..
Ily yabena madry shino o ily naby 3aya ilbakht madry shino...I use that phrase so much but I can never learn it right...madry laish I try to talk arabic *sigh*

Purg: LoooL!
Girls are made of sugar & spice and everything nice.

Judy: E wallah....yabela 3irs, feny rag9a.....wa7da fekom titla7la7 plz. O by the way ana za3lana minich, expect a phonecall 2mrw after my exam. A very angry one as well. :/

December 17, 2005 2:31 AM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

Purg:
Thank god

Judy:
LOLOLOLOL
Thats all ppl want nowadays, 2 dance & have fun, lets have a party instead of this wedding
*GIRLS ONLY*

DR:
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Moodlonely:
Honey believe me, its not about the kuwaiti/muslim thing, I've refused alot of men cuz I didn't feel the chemistry, if i would have thought of the kuwaiti/muslim thing, than i would have been married by now just 4 the sake of being married, and this guy, he's ok and sweet, but i don't see him a future husband, and thats why i asked those questions at the end, why did he ask me out if he knows me well that im gonna refuse cuz im from a big conservative family, yani a typical kuwaiti family, if my cousins or anyone see's me out with a guy, i'll loose my reputation, not 2 mention friends and relatives and ppl i know.
I think he wants something else, i mean i look at him differently now, but still i dont feel anything towards him.

December 17, 2005 7:01 AM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

December 17, 2005 7:02 AM  
Blogger Nooni said...

la yuba shino let have a party ...lets have a wedding a7san healthier...

yala give him a chance bala tharaba.. and love him and khaleeh ye7ibich o etzawejaw o yebaw 3yal khal yeseer eshwaya excitments ya bint

December 17, 2005 8:19 AM  
Blogger Hussa-G said...

Sometime friendship is enough in the beginning but chemistry can come later on.
And as for the guy, just explain the situation to him and what you feel towords him is just brotherly affection.
But if you change your mind about him then just tell him to talk to your father.

If you not sure of what you feel towords him then make a list of his good and bad. You knows him for 5 years. He is worth a chance.

Good Luck

December 17, 2005 10:38 AM  
Blogger bo_ghazi said...

I didn't go through the comments so I might be repeating what have been said (lazy!)

I understand when a person considers his/her cousin or relative or even a childhood friend as a brother/sister & cannot get married. But whats wrong with this guy? If you know him well & you believe he's a good guy & would make a good husband then why not taking this step a bit further?

On the other hand, hatha 7mar??? Sorry bs he as a guy shouldn't approach some colleague of his to ask for her hand unless he was 100% sure she'll accept or their relation would end up (like in ur situation) sayin hi o bye!

Ghabi!?!?

December 17, 2005 1:13 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

boghazi, you giving her tips now :P

December 17, 2005 1:26 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

Guys, thanks for the word of advice...but really i don't want him 4 a husband...
And Bo Ghazi ur right, he should not ask me out like that, were not in the states...its different here..
Besides, one of his friends (from were we work also) once also told me that he liked me, but i refused him cuz i know he's a player...its so complicated, and this guy....well this guy....i hate saying this but its the truth...this guy isnt my type...there!! I've said it, but really wallah, its not becuz of that, its also cuz he's a colleague, i only take men from work seriously only if they wanna talk 2 my dad, either that NO WAY!!
And besides, he didnt say anything after that day till this day, so i guess he's embarrassed, and cuz he's right, he's not my type, but if he had said:"i wanna talk 2 ur dad" then i would think about it, BUT HE DIDNT!! he just wanna date me??? weird! im confused!

December 17, 2005 2:06 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

Judy honey!!! ur hilarious!!!
u sound like my aunts, the ones i mentioned in my previous post:
"أبي واحد عفطي مل يصير"

Anyways, if it was up to me, i wouldnt wanna get married, i would live on my own, i have a good job with a great income, so why bother, i want someone i go GOOGOO GAAGAA over him or better stay at my dad's...he treats me like a princess!!! I LOVE THAT OL MAN!!
He's always always saying how beautiful i am and how good i am and how ppl r lucky to know me...but im so humble, and still have self-confidence issues, but who doesnt!!
Anyways, he's better than 30 husbands!! LOLOLOLOL but still there's the sex part!!!!!! ARRRGH!
Im frustrated...let me go guys, its complicated and we'll never finish!! lololololol

December 17, 2005 2:20 PM  
Blogger MSB said...

i think if he brings up the topic again u should be upfront with him. i think u should tell him that after all these years, u thought he'd know u better than to think that ur the type who would date & that the comment caught u off-guard cuz u expected that he respected u more than to say something like that.

of course, if u say that, u risk the chance that he may come back and say that he IS serious and wants to propose but just wanted to 'emahid el mawthoo3 ma3ach' first.. in which case, u have to be prepared to respond on whether u want him to talk to ur dad or not.

good luck!

December 17, 2005 2:45 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

msb:
Thanx 4 ur great comment and advice!! very helpful, so good, u understand what i mean...
but i dont care if i loose the chance cuz im not interested in him in that sort of way, but i was suprised
Anyways hon, welcome 2 my blog, and especially the bloggers from bahrain!!!! cuz my mom is bahraini!! say hi 2 all, I MISS BAHRAIN!!!!

December 17, 2005 7:30 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

and I quote

"Im frustrated...let me go guys, its complicated and we'll never finish!! "

:P and they wonder why I give you a hard time

December 17, 2005 8:46 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

purg:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
ur still reading my comments?

December 17, 2005 8:52 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

I never read, I skim.

December 17, 2005 9:11 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

u r most welcomed 2 skim my blog anytime...
ok what do u want purgy boy?

December 17, 2005 9:41 PM  
Blogger MSB said...

wil ne3m!!! i hope this means u come to bahrain to visit ur family here!! :) i've been making it a habit to visit kuwait every few months to SHOP! ;)

December 17, 2005 9:42 PM  
Blogger Purgatory said...

I do not want anything.

December 17, 2005 9:43 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

im there alot through the year, and i know alot of girls like u that love 2 shop in kuwait loooooooool
welcome hayaty

purg:
ok

December 17, 2005 9:52 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

afa 3aleech as'hal shay etsaween il rayal 3ef6y bs 3a6eeh il green light o tekreheen il sa3a ily gelty feeha hal kelma\


basich dala3 go get married

December 17, 2005 11:43 PM  
Blogger Nooni said...

oh yeah and DR :P ya 7a9rity :P

December 17, 2005 11:44 PM  
Blogger bo_sale7 said...

بصراحة انا شايف في تناقض بكلامج ...مرة تقولين انه مافيه تجاذب بينج وبينه ...او ...كيميستري على قولتج ...ومرة تقولين : i only take men from work seriously only if they wanna talk 2 my dad, either that NO WAY!!
, عجيب !!!! وين راح التجاذب اللي انتي رفضتيه من الاصل علشانه ؟؟
او يمكن انتي قاعدة تجهزين نفسج لموقف نفس هذا :) , ترى عادي ساعات البنات يتخيلون سيناريو علشان يجهزون ردود .....على كل ...لما تحطين الزواج براسج راح تكون ردودج غير :)

December 18, 2005 6:03 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

bo saleh
i meant friendship chemistry, dont u have that? r u get along with all types of ppl? cuz i dont, i have certain ppl i get along with as FRIENDS...and some coworkers, u know what i mean?

and i will take a mean seriously if he asks 2 see my father, not telling me i wanna take u out 2 dinner..? laish?
if he has something 2 say, he has 2 say it 2 my dad...as i said, i come from a conservative family, and i date easily date guys, especially guys from work...

December 18, 2005 11:50 PM  
Blogger bo_sale7 said...

pink ...
well ...am still studying u ...ur whole carisma is mixed up ....anyway .... hope to find ur other half in the way u wanted :)

December 19, 2005 1:04 AM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

bo saleh:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
sorry but yeah im a bit mixed up cuz i was typing fast...

first of all, i said b4 that he's already not my type, i dont have feelings 4 him that sort of way, not that type of chemistry...a FRIENDSHIP CHEMISTRY!! COWORKERS CHEMISTRTY ONLY!!! we work with each other and get along fine but thats it!

and i didnt like his approach, EVEN IF HE WAS MY TYPE...he should have said 2 talk 2 my dad...u know what i mean??

and i will take mean= take men seriously

this one's a killer LOOOOOOOL:
i date easily date guys= i dont easily date guys from work

LOOOOOOOL hope now its clear...sorry sweetie 4 the mix up
im also having alot of work 2 do, and my mind is AAAAAAHHH

take care!!

PS what r u studying?

December 19, 2005 6:19 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

bo saleh:
i just read ur profile, so ur an engineer...coooooooooool facinating!
so ur probably doing ur masters, good luck and allah yiwafgek

i have a thing 4 engineers cuz my daddy is one *giggles* sij daddy's girl

December 19, 2005 6:32 PM  
Blogger bo_sale7 said...

pink ...
loool, and tnx for ur interest in my profile ...and nop am already finished with masters .... i need more time and mode to go for phd ...

December 19, 2005 6:39 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

bo saleh:
allah yiwafgek inshallah

and i should be interested, we should all be 2 get along peacefully in life..

December 19, 2005 6:50 PM  
Blogger bo_sale7 said...

pink ...

:)

December 20, 2005 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home