Passionate Soul

I'd give it all, I'd give for us, Give anything but I won't give up

Saturday, November 18, 2006

ليلة الدخلة

Hi bloggie baby…..imwahhhhhh


Ok, from the title, some of you out there will wanna find out what I'm talking about. I know this is kind of a sensitive subject to discuss, but I've always wanted to post about it due to the fact that I've always wondered & needed to know what others think about this.

Now….what kills me is this:

Why is it that any girl who gets divorced or separated from her husband, the first question that pops in people's minds is: "Dikhal 3alaiha?"

For God's sake, what is that?? Walla never in my life I have asked this question when I hear bad news like this, only at the end, and sometimes I don't even ask cuz I was never raised to ask such a question nor even crossing my mind to think of such a matter only a few years now and that’s because I've started to hear people talk about it & make such a big deal about it. I'm like this maybe cuz I've been living with guys, cuz I'm the only female at home after my mom passed away. I have been told lots of times despite my femininity, that I think like men, ma3 ini 7ail passionate about life and my heart pounds hard towards some certain stuff and I'm one tear away from an emotional situation or an emotional story I hear, not to mention crying when listening to songs and from romantic movies. But when I'm serious, I think clearly and straight forward.

Mind you that the Bedouin don’t have this problem cuz they don't practice this tradition cuz the man doesn’t see his wife during the "Milchah" days, till their wedding night, so this is related to other people in Kuwait and some other countries in the gulf.

What bothers me is that, what the hell is the big deal with whether they did it or not?
I mean he is already her husband, and they are already do ALMOST EVERYTHING together, but nooooooooooooooo…people are obsessed with the girl loosing her virginity.
What about the girl's feelings and the hurt and problems the couple went through?

People here and around our region are soooooooooooooooo obsessed with "marital sex". And what I mean by this is the mother of the bride constantly warns her daughter not to give in to her "brand new" husband and looses her virginity, although they are officially married, which is known as "milchah", & by that, the woman is her husband's "halal", and they go out together, and he/she sneak the significant other in his/her bedroom (especially when everybody sleeps the afternoon nap or when the house is empty), but the woman wears a metal panty shield with the key hidden somewhere until the wedding night.
Some mothers just focus on this instead of teaching their daughters about the necessities of a happy marriage, this is so happening everyday…all the time.

I personally know a lot of people that lost their virginity during the "milchah" days, and I know….I know, you're gonna say cuz they have to know each other well and all that fancy shmancy talk….I know all that, and I agree with the mothers cuz of JERKS that don’t marry women in this situation, even if she's been married to the guy for a few months….but there have been exceptions and this is naseeb.

But I mean they forget everything and get obsessed with not doing this one particular thingy and RIGHT AFTER the wedding party….they want them to hit homerun!!!
Uh HELLOOOOO?!
Walla I know a lot of people that ask the newlyweds the morning after if they did it, and the newlyweds respond that they were tired, so both their families especially the mothers wait till after a few days…and if nothing happened they bad mouth the groom about not being a man!!!! Sheeeesh!
Believe me there are families that are not Bedouin that practice this, cuz you know that this is a big deal to the Bedouins, with all due respect to the Bedouins, but I know this for a fact cuz of my lot of Bedouin friends, but other people from different backgrounds do this despite they are already letting them go out together….I don't get it.

I hope you guys understood what I meant about being obsessed with the sex stuff….specifically hitting homerun the next day immediately after the wedding party or going just to a hotel "sakaty" as we say; when just few days or weeks before, the mothers forbidden it.

So what if they did it after one month?? Kaifhoom!! Or during the milchah? Also kaifhoom…!! Maybe they know that this is the person they wanna be with forever and that’s it….it's final….so just a few days or weeks till the wedding won't hurt, hell there have been a few pregnant brides during the wedding night (which doesn’t show of course)….bas kaifhooooooooooooom….sorry people, but to me it's not the virginity, it's the quality of the sex.

I swear my friend didn’t do a party and went straight to Egypt for the honeymoon, and is a chicken when her husband comes near that delicate area, and his mother called them everyday for the 10 days they spent there asking him if he did it, till he got angry and told her:" I'm a man and man enough to know what I'm doing, and don’t you dare doubt my wife, there's nothing wrong with her, (he means that she's a virgin)."
And her husband was so sweet and told her that they don’t have to do it right away just because they are on their honeymoon, so whenever she was ready…

So the last day he cut her finger just a little & stained a tissue with her blood like those movies and said: "This will shut my mom up, I know…that’s all she wants to see."
It took my friend another 12 days till she became ready and now they have a 7 year old girl.

In the end I thank God my family isn’t like that and don’t even ask when and whether….but frankly, if they hear a divorce story (my women relatives and friends all the women) they first ask: "Dikhal 3alaiha?"

Sheeeeeeeeesh!!!

Sorry for the long debate.

22 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

يا كــــسوفي

انا بختشي من الحاجات دي

November 18, 2006 12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the last day he cut her finger just a little & stained a tissue with her blood like those movies and said: "This will shut my mom up, I know…that’s all she wants to see."

i dont get that part?
wai3 people actually do that?
I think personal should stay personal...WTH ya3nii..
unless both the family and groom oo bride are cool about these things .

November 18, 2006 1:06 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

g.q.
heyyyyy...
so u agree?
walla inta eli nice..


3ajel
3ayartek....u live 4 such debates


blue dress
I think u don't know stuff like this, its when the woman looses her virginity, the groom has a cloth and stains it from the blood when the woman looses her virginity, but becuz my friend was still afraid, he cut her finger, cuz some families demands 2 see it, as if they dont trust the groom or something, or cuz the groom is proud his wife is shareefa, and the bride's family are proud cuz they have a shareefa girl...whatever EW!
its rare these days with the cloth thing, but the asking still goes on
but i agree with u its personal..

November 18, 2006 2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sure does make sense. It is not their business to know whether those couples did it or not.

Another related topic I utterly hate is people who urge to know the details of some couple's sex life, like when someone asks a married person what s/he did so far...etc. And what's even worse is some couples who do share their sexual practices with others. But that's a whole different topic and we're not going through it right here, just wanted to state another F-ed up situation in our community.

November 18, 2006 3:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's not the virginity, it's the quality of the sex.
i wanna hug you for saying that .. ooff really really el mawtho3 ybo6 elchabd .. a7es takhallof wallaa .. it's all about the few drops of blood that they will see, well what about the girls ethics, y3ny akhlaqha ? if she don't bleed does that mean she's not a virgin AKA: Bitch ? well alot of girls who lost it and then had an operation and got married! how about that mothers?
i know eshta6ait bel mawtho3 bas men 7arrety o ur post barrad galby walla thanks

November 18, 2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger coquette said...

Whether u agree with this or not, u just feel sorry for the girl because u know chances of her remarrying are slim if she's not a virgin anymore. This obviously sucks, I don't see the problem with her not being a virgin...she was married after all, but this nation is so obsessed over girls' virginity even though 90% of men are not virgins. So that just tells you, people are not really worried about religion, but it is traditions that infests and control our minds. If we fear God the way we pretend to do, then maybe we shouldn't apply and practice religion on women alone. Harsh words that might offend religious people I'm sure, but it is our reality. Sad story, the one about your friend, I'm glad to be born into an open minded family :)

November 18, 2006 5:24 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

the criticizer
Thank u for ur comment, and i'm glad u as well as others agree..
And I agree about not sharing ur sex life with others...
Welcome 2 my blog..


dawn fairy
Habeebty walla...I'm glad the subject barad chab-dich.
I always say the same exact words u said:"it's all about the few drops of blood that they will see, well what about the girls ethics, y3ny akhlaqha ?"
And thank u for ur comment.


coquette
My dear I agree with all u said...The moment the know a girl has been divorced, they yell:"NEXT!!!" As I said, even if the girl was married 4 a short period of time, but nooooooooo, they want a virgin....U get me.

And about my friend, I was sooo shocked cuz I just knew this story 3 years back, and didn't realize her mother-in-law was ignorant, cuz mind u, her "mother-in-law" is actually her uncle's wife, so that makes her husband her cousin, and they have been inlove since they were kids and always knew they will marry each other, thats why her husband loves her and knows what she is...and defended her...he even told his mother:"Shame on u...u know my wife since she was a baby."
Welcome 2 my blog..

November 18, 2006 8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh well, this is one place were we should follow westerners...they dont interefere in others personal business....some idiots are out there in our part of the world who are so keen and interested to know about other's personal issues....

November 18, 2006 9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very informative post, lots of things i didnt know :) all i can say is this... when marriage is involved, the only role the families are allowed to play is getting the two love-birds together, if they didnt know each other before ofcourse, but after the wedding night, both families dont interfere and stay out of it completely and let the two live thier lives, whether they get divorced or live happily ever after. As for those guys who marry just for sex........ shame on u, u disgust me! u wanna have sex? thats fine, but dont marry someone for it!

November 19, 2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

Fonzy
Ur 100% right, its so frustrating...but its happening...
they only care about the virginity and when thats done, khalas...they are sooooo obsessed...

I know people close 2 me that got divorced and couldnt get married sooner cuz she "lost her virginity" when she was married...most men here look 4 virgins, 2 please their egos that "I was her first" crap

November 19, 2006 1:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well thats stupid. as far as im concerned, virgin or no virgin is the same just as long as i get along with the girl. If am not a virgin, then nothing wrong with her not being one.

November 19, 2006 1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD LOOOOOOOOL
THATS SO RETARDED! Funny

ya3ni they could e76oon inshalla Il guys blood... or just paint.
how would they "the family" be sure. thats so stupid
wella bwadoona DNA testing ba3aad??!

Bijjjj walla 7aRaam...

November 19, 2006 10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

coquette i Sooo agree with you 3allaa Rasiii

November 19, 2006 11:02 PM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

Blue Dress
Hey...what can with do...but sadly there r alot of retarded ppl out there..
And remember, we cant replace blood with paint cuz blood gets brownish after it dries...

November 20, 2006 9:49 AM  
Blogger Common_Sense said...

hehehe mala I agree with u .. bs I don't think people are that bad. maybe cause I am guy and I never noticed it. bs I had the same though.. its about the quality of the sex ;) u got that part hehe

November 20, 2006 11:21 AM  
Blogger Puppylove said...

common_sense
Exactly what i said, cuz ur a guy u dont hear such a question, i didnt know it was a big deal either cuz i was raised with males...
Good though u like the sex part..

November 21, 2006 9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi.

Nice forum design. Okay, I need your help.
So, I wanna make personal site, and I am looking for site template.
Can you suggest some online store or other resource where I can find many site templates?

It would be better if it will be free:)
I think many of us have personal sites, do you design it yourself?

Thanks a lot, Bill.

January 09, 2007 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

August 18, 2007 2:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

August 18, 2007 8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Nice site! Good resources here. I will bookmark!

September 09, 2007 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see first time your site guys. I like you :)

September 10, 2007 9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

September 10, 2007 9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home